Weaver School Association
Welcome to the WSA page
Who Are the WSA?
- The Weaver School Association (WSA) is our parent teacher association
- We are a charitable, parent led group who raise funds for the benefit of every child at Weaver Primary School
- Where local education authority funds lack, WSA funds make up
- The WSA committee is officially made up of:
- Chair – Emily Warhurst
- Vice Chair- Lisa Cope
- Treasurer – Louise Bertram
- Secretary – Melissa Evanson
...but our group is a team effort
What do the WSA do?
We run lots of different fundraising events throughout the school year to name a few....
- Summer Fayre
- Christmas Fayre
- School discos x 3
- Cinema nights x 2
- Family Events - bingo nights and cricket evenings
Our events are often the highlight of the school term, our children just love them!
Where and When do we meet?
- Meetings are very informal, (just an hour or so - usually over a few drinks at a local pub)
- Scheduled about every six - eight weeks
- Dates are posted on the school board
- Dates are also on the school website
How can you help?
- Lend a hand at the next cinema or disco night
- Run a stall at our Fayres
- Spend your pennies on the day
- Lend your expertise or that of your employer
- Give donations in kind e.g from banks, supermarkets, music)
- Become a class rep
- Join the committee
- Come along to our meetings
Please get involved, without new parents we will struggle to run events and raise money for our children
Want to know more?
- Leave your contact details (including e-mail address) with school reception, we will add you to our mailing list and e-mail you directly to keep you updated on all events
- Talk to your class representative
- Join the Facebook group - go to http://groups.to/WSA
- Keep checking the school website - log in to see the WSA news page and calender with details of forthcoming events