Year 4 2022 - 2023
Year 4 class teacher
Welcome to Year 4
Twitter - @Y4Weaver
Email - email@example.com
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY - Thursday 29th September (3.15pm) - 'Help your child at home' meeting - in the Year 4 classroom
Welcome to Year 4.
Click on the links above for information on the Year 4 curriculum, websites that you may find useful and how to help your child at home.
INFORMATION FOR SEPTEMBER 2022
- Year 4 will have PE on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- They will need to come to school, on those days, wearing their PE kits.
- If there are any changes to these days, you will be informed via the school text messaging service (please ensure that your contact details are up to date).
- Earrings are not to be worn during a PE session. If your child wears earrings, they need to be able to remove them and store them safely for the session.
- Homework will be put onto Seesaw each week, as this allows you as parents/carers to see the work the children have been given. Any worksheets will also be added to Seesaw (although the children will be given a paper copy in their homework book).
- Spellings – these will be given to the children on Fridays, and they will be tested the following Friday.
At the end of each half term, they will be tested on a random selection of spellings from that half term.
The spellings given link with the website ‘Spelling Frame’, and so will allow the children to practise their weekly spellings through games and tests.
- English/Maths/Topic – the children will be given either a piece of Maths homework, a piece of English homework or a topic related piece of homework and this will be given out on Fridays. This will usually be in their homework book, on Seesaw or be web related, for example ‘Mathletics’.
I will always try to keep homework manageable, as I understand (as a parent myself) that it can be difficult juggling family life commitments and completing homework as well.
- Times tables – In June, the children will be expected to take part in the government’s statutory times tables check. This determines if they can recall their times tables fluently. Regular, weekly practise on TT Rockstars will help the children to practise this. Alongside this, the children will have a weekly times tables test on Thursdays, and this will consist of random questions, up 12 x 12.
- Reading – regular reading at home, to an adult, is invaluable for your child. Please try to listen to your child read at home as often as possible. Not only does this allow your child to develop their fluency and accuracy skills, but it also allows them to develop their inference and deduction skills (through questioning and conversations you may have with your child about the text). For example, what your child thinks may happen next in the story, why a character behaved in the way that he/she did, what the author actually meant when they wrote a particular word or sentence.
- Pencil Cases - the children will be provided with all the equipment they need, so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases to school with them.
- Water Bottles – please ensure that your child’s water bottle is labelled and contains only water – no juice.
- Snacks – please ensure that your child brings only healthy snacks to school – no crisps or chocolate for morning play.
I have endeavoured to include all of the information that you will need for the new term ahead. However, if there is something I haven’t included and you are unsure of something, then please don’t hesitate in getting in contact.
My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org Year 4 Twitter account: @Y4Weaver
Mrs Claire Morgan
Year 4: Weaver News items
There are no Weaver News items to display
Year 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4: Wonderful Work items
There are no Wonderful Work items to display
Year 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display